About me

  

Hi there! So here I am, looking to write about a topic that hasn’t been written yet by a million of people. As this is my first post, it’d be interesting to first introduce myself. Let’s start by sharing something about me. I’m going to use the Five Ws method.

Who?

Me!
Who am I? This is an easy one: my name is Javier Gomez Miranda. I’m a computer engineer and a specialist in a tool called: “ServiceNow”. I’ve been working as a software developer for the past 7 years of my life, in 5 different cities and 3 different countries. Additionally, I’m a certified ISSA Personal Trainer and currently studying a Master in Sport Science and Nutrition.

I dedicate 80% of my free time (you can find me either in the gym or running the other 20%) learning about everything related to fitness and healthy lifestyle. I’m an animal lover and a vegetarian (unfortunately, this last one, for only 96.4% of the time. Yeah, I studied computer science and I like maths 😀 But hopefully, it’ll soon become a 100%).

What?

What do I do? I work as an IT consultant. Sport is my real passion and it will be the main topic of this blog. FitnessEver was born as a project that pretends to teach people how to drive their life within a healthy and fit lifestyle. I want to write and share my experience and knowledge about subjects such as nutrition, fitness, supplementation, running, cycling, etc…

Right now, I’m training to run my first marathon, which will take place in November of this year. It could be a good topic to talk about, how to conquer, in my opinion, one of the biggest sport events on the earth. I will talk about it once I’ll complete it.

Furthermore, I like reading about other kind of subject such as meditation, mindfulness and happiness. It interests me how these could be integrated into sport, by taking into account their pros and cons.

And last but not less, my posts will be written in english, by the moment, but I’m looking for a good way to share this information in other languages, such as spanish. I just need some more time to find out a good way to do it 🙂

Where?

Me again!

Where am I right now? In London! I’ve been here for the past year and a half. It is a pretty awesome city, although I miss some things (mostly the SUN!). However, I’m not from the United Kingdom. I was born and raised in Spain. I then moved to Poland a couple of times, initially to finish my master degree, and afterwords to work. However, since it wasn’t what I was looking for, when I got a job offer in London I didn’t hesitate. I feel comfortable outside of my comfort zone.

Why?

Why do I want to start writing this blog? For the past 2 years, I’ve been reading about nutrition, sport, fitness and how the body works and testing on myself all the knowledge that I gathered… During these 2 years, I’ve found many myths and wrong training ideas that are still alive within sport community. I want to make your life easier by helping you identifying those fake ideas. Thus, I’d like sharing with you my knowledge and experience. But, I want to do it in a very special way.

What I find missing from most blogs that address similar themes, is the lack of evidence supporting the claims made. But no worries, this is not going to happen here; I want to make sure that every word that I write has previously been proven by indicating you where I obtained the information and by giving you the opportunity of finding it out yourself.

When?

It is already starting… 🙂