I’m going to start this new section with one of my favourites pre-workout smoothies!
I use to have it before my workouts, around 2 hours before, but you can have it either before, after or even split it (half before/half after) your session.
This is a high caloric recipe and you will feel full of energy for your session. However, watch out if you are trying to cut off calories!
These are the ingredients that you are going to need for preparing it:
- Whey protein vanilla flavour (although it could be another one such us cocoa, cookies or strawberry): 30grs (1 scoop)
- Oats: 100 grs.
- Peanut butter: 50 grs.
- Banana: 1.
- Cinnamon: up to you.
- Coffee: 2 tbsp.
- Whole Milk: 150 mls.
Other possibles ingredients are:
You can either mix them or just chose one, up to you:
- Cocoa: 2 tbsp. I use to exchange it with coffee.
- Honey: 1 spoon. Make sure it is always raw honey!
- Prepare the blender and put all ingredients inside.
- Turn the blender on until you see it all becomes mix together.
- OPTIONAL: add a little bit of either cocoa or coffee or cinnamon on the top (decoration and fancy up step).
This is the macro-nutritional information for this smoothie:
- Kcals: 903 kcals
- Proteins: 58gr (see this post to know how many proteins you need)
- Carbs: 85gr
- Fats: 37gr
I hope you like this quick, easy and tasty pre/post workout smoothie! And don’t forget to comment it if you want to have more recipes! See you soon!